BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

printing grey ramp lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello, I have a question about document printing, I am using archicad 12 on a mac with a hp designjet 500. I can not get my grey ramp lines to print lighter than black or in color. I am sure it is a matter of just knowing where to look and adjust a simple setting, any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Craig,

I'm assuming the grey lines actually display grey in the floorplan window.

Firstly check the layout that the plan is on. Are the ramp lines still grey or are they black. If they are grey, you may have the 'print to black' option ticked in the Print dialog box. Untick this and it should print as expected.

If they are black in the layout, this probably means you have a different penset selected for that view. Right click on the view, select 'Modify the Source View Settings' and select the correct penset.

Hope this helps to diagnose the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks,for your quick response

Is there a way to print the pens that appear in color on the monitor (as in pen table arch 10) black and percentages of black( grey ramp)? or is it better to adjust arch pens black all to the black color, except the grey ramp pens, and use this table on layouts and print in color?
Thanks for your help

(I looked in the box for a cad manager but he must of ran away with the tech.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to print the pens that appear in color on the monitor (as in pen table arch 10)
If you select penset 'arch 10' and assign it to the view you are printing, it will print exactly the same way it appears on screen.

It's difficult for me to answer more fully as I've no idea what any of the US pensets you mentioned actually look like as they are different in the INT version. Can you post up a screen shot of what it looks like, and maybe describe how you are using it at the moment if you are still having problems?

As a minimum you should have a 'working' penset that is coloured so you can visually tell what weight a line represents, and a 'printing' penset which is mainly black & grey and used for output only.

Using this method to control the colour (and weight) of the pens is much better than just selecting the 'print black and white' option, as you get full tonal control for the greys, and it gives you more options for highlighting important elements in colour, whilst still printing everything else in black.
Learn and get certified!