BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Drawing Title GDL

henrybs14
Contributor

Hi Guys

In a new office, seems they don't really use the drawing titles very well on their drawings. Figured I'd just write my own with my basic understanding of GDL.

Drawing title objects, where are these located? Like how do I find the archicad built in ones so that I can re-create it as my own custom version/ learn.

For reference I've shown a screen shot of their current manual drawing title that I'm going to re-create.

Operating system used: Windows

Drawing Title.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scottjm
Advisor

The easiest way is the select a drawing on a layout, with the drawing title you want to edit and press Ctrl + Shift + O. And then do a save as a new library part. And then edit till your hearts content. ☺️

If you want to build a new drawing title from scratch, just ensure you have the subtype set to Drawing Title so it will be selectable from the Drawing Title settings of the drawing in the layout. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
scottjm
Advisor

The easiest way is the select a drawing on a layout, with the drawing title you want to edit and press Ctrl + Shift + O. And then do a save as a new library part. And then edit till your hearts content. ☺️

If you want to build a new drawing title from scratch, just ensure you have the subtype set to Drawing Title so it will be selectable from the Drawing Title settings of the drawing in the layout. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
henrybs14
Contributor

Thanks Scott! Now I've got some where to start.

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!