BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3d mode closes the program

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I am an architectural engineering student at the university of Cincinnati. I had the archicad program three months ago. When i had to replace my motherboard, i lost it and re-downloaded the program. Before the motherboard replacement it worked fine. Now it works fantastic in 2d but as soon as i hit the 3d or the f3 key it closes the program. I have 2-gig of memory. Anyone know what to do? I really need this help, There is a project in my problems in architecture III course requiring it and everyday without this program, is another day I fall behind. Someone please help me out of this little pickle.

Aaron A. Ammanniti
7 REPLIES 7
Dwight
Newcomer
I speculate this:

- 3D probably means OpenGL. I suspect that you have an OpenGL settings problem.
Can you image anything using the internal engine instead?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are a lifesaver. That was the problem. I can't believe it was that easy. I greatly appreciate your response, your help, and your knowledge! I hope you have a fantastic week and once again Thank You.

Aaron A. Ammanniti
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am actually having the exact same problem. It doesnt close the program everytime I goto the 3D window but the problem it definitely consistant.

Could you please expand on what the issue with the OpenGL settings might be?

Which OpenGL settings could I try and change to remedy this problem?

Thank you.
Dwight
Newcomer
Folks who might know the exact answer to your question rather than general pontificators like me could help with specifics if you add your hardware and software configuration to your forum posting signature. I think that PC users can mess up their OpenGL way better than Mac users can, for instance.

Aaron A: So what DID you actually do to fix the problem?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hardware Config:

ArchiCAD 10
Mac OS X v10.3.9
Dual 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5
3GB DDR SDRAM
GeForce FX 5200 - 64MB - AGP
Res: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Any help regarding OpenGL settings would be greatly appreciated.
Thomas Holm
Booster
I'd guess it's your graphics card, it's on the weak side. See
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/compatibility.php

An upgrade to OSX 10.4 (Panther) might help, it's faster and Open GL is better there. I'd avoid Leopard for that machine. Otherwise get a graphics card with at least 128 or 256 MB of RAM. or upgrade to an Intel mac, and AC11! Much better!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight and Friends,

In regaurds to fixing the 3d problem we are all experiencing, I used the following method and it worked great.

Open the program
click on view in the file menu,
then go to 3D view mode,
and at the bottom of that dropdown box are two options:

Internal 3D engine
or
openGL 3D engine

make sure that you are using the Internal 3D engine. That was my problem and it works like a charm now in 2d or 3d as long as i use the Internal 3D engine.

If you need anything else, please let me know!

Aaron A. Ammanniti
Learn and get certified!