BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Another question dealing with List Schemes

Red
Advocate
When dealing with log walls sometimes we have a wall that is interior and also exterior. We are unable to break the wall due to the Log Diagram Drawings.

With aside my question/problem is that when we place an interior door and also an exterior door in the same wall how can we have the doors go to separate packages. We have a Window and Door package that includes all exterior doors/windows, and an Interior Door Package which of course includes the interior doors. When setting up the Interior Door Package we have it looking at "walls interior" and "log wall" layer to list the doors, but when it looks at the "log wall" layer it picks up the exterior door again. So is there a better way to filter the schemes?
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not that up on the calculate menu so I don't know if doors in the same wall can be separated into different lists. But if not, you can always make a little interior wall that just fits the exterior opening and put the additional door in that.
Karl Ottenstein
Red wrote:
When dealing with log walls sometimes we have a wall that is interior and also exterior. We are unable to break the wall due to the Log Diagram Drawings.

With aside my question/problem is that when we place an interior door and also an exterior door in the same wall how can we have the doors go to separate packages.
One way would be to assign a door ID for interior doors that is distinct from exterior ones (DI01 vs DX01 etc) ....or to use a User Defined parameter for the filter. Use EIDM to assign initial ID's, and then manually fix the ones that are in the walls that are both interior/exterior. Clean up the numbering in the Interactive Scheduler.

Or, you could assign zones and filter the interior doors as those which open both into and from an interior zone. I.S. can deal with this; Calculate List Schemes AFAIK cannot.

Or...

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!