BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 15 osx really slow with quadro fx4800 mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Today arrived my new graphic card nvidia quadro fx4800(mac) with 1.5gb ram that replaced my previous one nvidia geforce 8800gt(512mb).This is the profesional video card from nvidia that supposed to better with proffesional 3d applications like 3dmax autocad archicad etc... it is even recommend by graphisoft!!.After I installed the card on my mac pro I opened archicad 15 GRE latest build and opened a TW project and immediatelly press F3 to switch to 3D to observe the difference on speed in comparison to my previous card, and here starts the problem with this video card I cannot navigate in 3D because the frame rate is almost zero and this is very strange because with the previous card the navigating in 3D with a 3D mouse was flawless in normal models.

Does anyone else has a similar problem or somekind of advise because it is very frustating to buy a pro video card that cost new around 1200$ or more
and to find out that your older card with less memory works faster!

And when Graphisoft recommends that card what they have smoking on!

thanks
Costas
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Two quick things I can think of.

1. Are you viewing the 3D image with the OpenGL engine or the Internal engine? (Internal engine can be extremely slow with large models regardless of the video card).

2. Do you have the latest drivers installed?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi barry

I am always using opengl though I was thinking that with this card I would be able to use the internal engine.I also have the latest drivers for the card.

Stranglely today I opened another project and everything works properly.It seems that is a project specific problem or a teamwork specific project I dont know
Learn and get certified!