BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Orbiting with Logitech MX Anywhere 2S

Lukijan
Participant

Hello everyone! I'm writing for the first time now. This forum was of great help with everything I had problem in Archicad, but now I have a problem for which I can't find solution.
I recently bought Logitech MX Anywhere 2S mouse and it never crossed my mind that mouse in 2023. doesn't have middle click - wheel click. Without it I can't use pan and orbit as I used to. First thing I tried was to use Logitech softvare to assign middle click to some other button on mouse, but that didn't work, for some reason Archicad doesn't recognize it as wheel click. What is worse, it does change cursor to look like orbit is activated, bude it doesn't orbit or pan.

Is there any way to "make" archicad understand that new middle click is a wheel click?

I'm using Archicad 25 on Windows 10. Same problem is with Windows 11.

Thank you in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Emre Senoglu
Expert

You can set the square button below the wheel to act as middle mouse click. Install the logi options+ app, then you should be able to assign the button as middle click. I have the same mouse and it works fine. Should work fine on both operating systems.

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Thank you Emre, but as I said, it was the first thing I tried and it doesn't work.

I understand. What about better touch tool? It's only available for mac, but it could solve a part of the problem to begin with. you could also try setting a keystroke action (default Archicad shortcut is: O) to the middle button in options+ (or better touch tool) and see if that solves the problem.

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Lingwisyer
Guru

Long standing gripe with the 2S, which they remedied with the 3S. Though the inability of creating macros made all of their work mice a no go for me...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Thank you, but as I said, I'm using Windows, not Mac so that is not an option if that software is only for mac.
I tried with O, but then i don't have pan. What is BTT?

Better Touch Tool is a program to customise gesturing on a Magic Mouse or trackpad on Mac. I believe quite a few Mac users on this forum have used it to simulate a middle click amoungst other things.

I tried with O, but then i don't have pan.

Just bind something to pan as well? OR if there is a toggle option, bind that instead?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!