BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Tutorials views are already completed?..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there

I've recently downloaded ArchiCAD and the essentials tutorials materials. When the views for the tutorials are activated, the tutorial looks to be complete.

For example, I've opened the file BASIC ITG Tutorial 01. In tutorial 2.3 Creating Exterior Walls the first step is about creating walls, however all the walls have been created and the steps of the video have been completed.

I take it the point is to work along with the video?... am I missing something here?

Thanks
Marty
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
The PLA in the chapter one folder is the completed file.
You need to open the PLA file in the chapter 2 folder.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
martysoccer wrote:
For example, I've opened the file BASIC ITG Tutorial 01. In tutorial 2.3 Creating Exterior Walls the first step is about creating walls, however all the walls have been created and the steps of the video have been completed.
Barry is right.
It is easy to know which file you are supposed to work in: the first number of the name of the activated View corresponds to it.
So with tutorial 2.3 Creating Exterior Walls, "2" is the name of the Chapter and so you need to use the PLN file that has "2" in its name.
You may also skip Chapters because the file for Chapter 3 will be the same as the state of the project file you will get to after you perform all steps in Chapter 2, and so on.
But if you are a beginner it is advisable to do all Chapters in sequence, as each is based on the ones preceeding it
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys. Appreciate your responses.

It's a nice setup for training in the software.
Learn and get certified!