BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How do you get rid of MISSING LIBs?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been working on this one project which I believe I started in AC12 - I am now in AC13. Anyhow, I keep getting this dialog bellow about missing libraries. Is there a way to fix that?

What does it mean? I am a Revit convert so I have never dealt with Libraries, please help me.

Thanks
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
subscribed.. opps
Eduardo Rolon
First it says that the problem is Double Library Parts not missing.
Second hit the Library Manager button and make sure that you only have one library loaded. Usually you would have:

AC Library XX

and (sometimes)

AC XX Migration Library
Specific Project Library
Screen shot 2009-11-30 at 10.43.24 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is what shows up.
I have a . CLF ? what is that extension or type of entity?

I have removed it and since no more "issues"
On thing I noticed from opening a file created in AC 12 in AC 13, is that many annotations were missing.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I see from your last screenshot that you have both ArchiCAD 13 Library and Object Library 13.lcf loaded.
LCF is the extension of so-called Library Container Files (LCF). These contain all the objects that you can place in your projects. This is a good way for shipping libraries since they are all in one file instead of being thousands of files.
The ArchiCAD 13 Library contains this Object Library 13.lcf PLUS some other folders containing background images, textures, Lightworks related stuff etc.
If you load the ArchiCAD 13 Library, all subfolders and files within it will be loaded, including the Object Library 13.lcf.
So in this case you have the Object Library 13.lcf loaded twice.
So you should go to the LIbrary Manager Dialog, select Object Library 13.lcf i nthe list and remove it from loaded libraries. It will be loaded with the ArchiCAD 13 Library anyway.
This should take care of those duplicate parts error message.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
so in essence at some point, I can make my own CLF containers? of lets say project specific fenestration for instance?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, you can use the File\Libraries and Objects\Create Container command for that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo
I have a main "office library" folder with lots of sub folders of objects/things I've gathered.
Maybe 1200 or so.
Currently I just load the main folder and all is good.
Only a second or two longer to load than just ac12lib that I can tell.

But this post made me curious.

Should I be making a lcf out of my main library folder for this small amount of my main office library objects?

lec
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, you can make an LCF out of it, it will probably load faster.
But you know that you will have to recreate the LCF every time you change an object that is included in the LCF. May not be a big thing but has to be dealt with.

LCF is especially good for library developers. They can just ship one file instead of hundreds or thousands. And normally people do not want to edit library objects within such an LCF library.
Learn and get certified!