BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library part was not converted properly??

JGoode
Advocate
Hello,

I am getting the "Library part was not converted properly" error for some reason. I am able to drag my object into AC21 and it works absolutely fine. I can open the GDL editor for the object and there are no errors and the 3D view works fine. I have tried opening and closing my ArchiCAD 19 and it's still giving me the error. I'm sure I can't be the only person who has had this error? If anyone has experienced this previously, is it fixable and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Very hard to say without seeing the actual object.
If you are willing to share it I am sure people will have a look.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
furtonb
Advisor
JGoode wrote:
If anyone has experienced this previously, is it fixable and if so, how did you fix it?
Thanks!
Hi,

I'm having the same error. I was fiddling with the UI script with some vault (duplicated the ui_vault macro to see how it is working), then after some modification the 3D disappeared with the exact same error message in the session report dialogue:
Library part was not converted properly (Tárgy - 002)

No errors in any of the scripts, 3D view and 2D views are showing up properly. I have the 2D view in the plan, but no 3D.

Were you able to somehow solve it?
If so, could you help me?

@Barry: I've attached the GDL object and its macro in question, if you could take a look, I would be eternally helpful. Currently it is calling the default GS macro, but not working either – I suspect the problem is elsewhere.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Barry Kelly
furtonb wrote:

No errors in any of the scripts, 3D view and 2D views are showing up properly. I have the 2D view in the plan, but no 3D.
As soon as I checked the 3D script i cot this error.
Not sure why you were not getting it.

Comment out the line or delete it and your object shows in 3D.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
furtonb
Advisor
Barry wrote:
As soon as I checked the 3D script i cot this error.
Barry.
Thanks, that one didn't catch my attention – I'm not sure, it's possible that I checked the 2D script twice, and I skipped the 3D script.
I've since then recreated the object without errors in the office.

This is different though:

Library part was not converted properly (FU - 002)
Not enough parameters
 at line 1 in the 3D script of file kosáríves donga 21_fb.gsm.

This is the Report dialogue's content from the zipped object, right now it says where the issue is.
I cannot reproduce the initial message, which only had the line related to the conversion.

The only difference is, that the first message was copied from an object that was located in the embedded library in a teamwork project (which had been moved to a linked library as soon as I finished), and from a linked library this time.

Thanks for the help!
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Barry Kelly
This is different though:
Library part was not converted properly (FU - 002)
Not enough parameters at line 1 in the 3D script of file kosáríves donga 21_fb.gsm.

That is the same error I was showing in the image I attached before.
Line 1 of that script has the 'ADD2' which requires an 'x' and 'y' parameter value - plus the fact that there should be no ADD2 command in a 3D script anyway.

I assume the library part that was not converted properly is calling this object?
Fixing it should fix the error.
You just have to make sure you are fixing the correct object that is being used, the one in the linked library or the one in the embedded library.
It is best to ensure you do not have duplicated objects by deleting one of them altogether.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
furtonb
Advisor
Thanks, Barry!
That is the same error I was showing in the image I attached before.

Sorry, I wasn't clear: I was comparing to my initial post, where there was only one line of error description ("Library part was not converted properly", and no "Not enough parameters..."). My point was that the neither the script check in the GDL editor nor the Report dialogue came up with the 3D script related error message when I first chimed in this thread.
You just have to make sure you are fixing the correct object that is being used, the one in the linked library or the one in the embedded library.

Yes, that was taken care of – I've just never seen this message before.

Thanks again!
Learn and get certified!