BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Missing stair parts even if loaded in library

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I seem to be having a problem with library parts using AC 11 latest build on win XP.Here is my situation:

I printed a set of sheets for my client yesterday with everything working fine and showing on plan as intended ... BUT since I had to leave, I had a coworker print 2 other sets. Thats were it gets messy. Coming back this morning I check the copies he printed and they're missing the stairs, turns out that all the stairs are now dots on plan as if they were missing EVEN if they are loaded (see attached pictures).

I tried reloading in every way i could think of but nothing seems to do it and my airheaded coworker cant remember what he did.

From what I got he closed AC on my workstation after I left, openned the pln on his worksatation to add a thing or two, closed it and then reopenned it on my worstation again to print it two more times.

On top if it , all the names of the custom parts are blank in the object window (see the next post)

If anyone has any idea of what can be going on I'd greatly appreciate.

LIB TROUBLE.jpg
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the object dialog
LIB TROUBLE 02.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
By default all new created stairs are saved in the Graphisoft > ArchiCAD (11) > Add-Ons > Stairmaker folder.

The current file will show all stairs at once. While closing and re-opening the file they will show up as Missing Library parts.

Make sure your stairs are in a specific Project Library and reload...
Anonymous
Not applicable
The stairs are all placed in a specific project folder and trust me I loaded and reloaded them in any way I could think of. Strangely enough, after experimenting we found out that we can reinsert them and that they will show properly. The situation is just as annoying tough.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't forget that the specific project folder needs to be on a shared drive (ideally on the server) so that everyone from any computer can access it. (Sorry, not clear if that was the case or not)

Also check you haven't done something stupid, like I did today, and change the name slightly of the project folder whilst still having the model open. I was left wondering for 15 minutes why stuff was randomly disappearing when the elevations were rebuilding!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, try clicking on one of the stairs in the library manager (if those are the ones disappearing) and see what the actual path is. This may give you a better idea what is happening.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We solved the problem by reinserting the objects in plan from the library, happily it wasnt a big project.

Its obvious that something happenned but my coworker just cant remember what he did while I wasnt there.

Thanks a lot for the replies.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having the same problems. Library parts ARE loading. We can insert a library part and we can tell one of those stupid dots what library part it should be.
We unfourtunately don't have a small project and don't have the time to re-define library parts. Furthermore, some when we redefine our parts, the parameters are reset.
This has cost us $$$ We cannot figure out what is going on. We've tried rebuilding permissions on our computers, permissions on the server hard drive and nothing.

Tomas
AC11 yada yada Ghz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tomas wrote:
We are having the same problems. Library parts ARE loading. We can insert a library part and we can tell one of those stupid dots what library part it should be.
We unfourtunately don't have a small project and don't have the time to re-define library parts. Furthermore, some when we redefine our parts, the parameters are reset.
This has cost us $$$ We cannot figure out what is going on. We've tried rebuilding permissions on our computers, permissions on the server hard drive and nothing.

Tomas
AC11 yada yada Ghz
Hi Tomas,

Post a screen shot of the library manager as above so we can see what is actually shown.

What library parts are you having problems with? Is it standard ArchiCAD library parts, or your own custom ones? If so, how do you insert these custom parts into AC?

Also please describe your current procedure for organising your library parts, specifically where do you keep the standard ArchiCAD library, the project specific custom library parts, and the might-be-useful-for-any-project custom library parts.

Could you also add what operating system you are using in the office to your signature. It may make a difference to some problems!
Anonymous
Not applicable
OS 10.4.11

The parts that are not loading are from our project library on the server (which contain only project specific library parts). The project library is accessible to everyone on the team.

The attached images illustrate PART of the problem. The red dots (which we now refer to as red devil dots) indicate that the library part "typ_floor-ns " cannot be found. But the library part is clearly loaded. There is nothing wrong with the gdl script because (aside from being nothing but a "fragment2" statement) the part shows up when you define it again as "typ_floor-ns".
No library parts, or folders were re-named. All the teamates opened the files using the same libraries on the server, etc.
Learn and get certified!