BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Preview paste of 2D image into GSM object, BUG!?

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my opinion there is in Archicad 13 MAC version a problem with pasting a 2D screenshot of a symbol into the GSM obejct preview window. On pasting it shows up as usual and appears to be there but after saving and opening again it is gone! This does not happen with copying and pasting from a rendering from the 3D window. This problem I understand does not affect the PC version. Anybody else experienced this problem???
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Works fine for me, Daniel. May have something to do with what you're using to view the screenshot and copy it to the clipboard?

I took a screenshot with the Mac built-in cmd-shift-4 thing, opened it in Preview, did a Select All and Copy and then pasted into an object's Preview window, saved, and it shows up fine in Object Settings dialog.

I thought maybe it was because my screenshot was smaller than the allowed pixels... so took a screenshot of this message composition screen - and it was properly reduced upon paste, see attached.

Cheers,
Karl
Screen shot 2010-06-11 at 10.28.05 AM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Works fine for me, Daniel. May have something to do with what you're using to view the screenshot and copy it to the clipboard?

I took a screenshot with the Mac built-in cmd-shift-4 thing, opened it in Preview, did a Select All and Copy and then pasted into an object's Preview window, saved, and it shows up fine in Object Settings dialog.

I thought maybe it was because my screenshot was smaller than the allowed pixels... so took a screenshot of this message composition screen - and it was properly reduced upon paste, see attached.

Cheers,
Karl
Thanks Karl, On attached you see that the preview shows up in the GSM object window. Saved it and in Archicad library object selection pane there is no preview (bottom left corner). I am puzzled.

Daniel
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:

Cheers,
Karl
Karl,

Had a problem uploading second image.
Here it is.

On opening the object , no preview shows up for the wall lamp symbol.
See left bottom of screenshot, object highlighted.

Screenshot was made same as you did.

Daniel
Preview disappeared.png
Karl Ottenstein
Strange. Tried again and works perfectly for me, both embedded library and linked lib. I notice in your screenshot of the Object Settings dialog that you are looking at the symbol image. Is the preview image showing up properly there if you click that button, so that it is only the icon which is not showing the preview?

Cheers,
Karl

PS/OT: Thanks for your excellent / newsy report of the Pula conference in the events thread!
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Strange. Is the preview image showing up properly there if you click that button, so that it is only the icon which is not showing the preview?

Cheers,
Karl

PS/OT: Thanks for your excellent / newsy report of the Pula conference in the events thread!
Hi Karl,

No nothing shows up there either. I sent the object tot a friend of mine in Austria and it did not work for him either. It always worked for me but not in AC13, pasting from a 3D rendering image from the objects 3D window is no problem. Just the 2D screenshot. I tried jpg, tiff, png etc, nothing works.

Thanks that you liked my report of the Pula conference. From an information point of view the best conference ever and I have been to very many in the past 7 years!

I really appreicate you thinking with me about what the problem can be.

Daniel
Learn and get certified!