BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

request name of plan or section window

Aussie John
Newcomer
Hi, can you request the name of a plan or section window that the object is placed into?

I saw an object ( but now cant find), that appeared to do this, although it added .pmk to the name)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, but this needs to be added to the wish list. This is a big one as far as I am concerned. I also want to be able to get the detail/section number of the window in which the part is placed.

(I'll put this in the wish list later this evening if someone else doesn't beat me to it.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
Hi, can you request the name of a plan or section window that the object is placed into?
Have you tried these :
REQUEST ("Name_of_plan", "", name)
REQUEST ("Story", "", index, story_name)
REQUEST ("Home_story", "", index, story_name) name1, elev1, height1 [, index2, name2, ...])
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this still a problem?
I'm making a object that will automatically show the name and date of the ”drawing” (used for DWG-export).
I can use REQUEST ("Story", "", index, story_name) but can I do the same with an elevation/section? I have tried to use GLOB_CONTEXT 4 to get information from the elevation, but I have not succeeded yet.
Learn and get certified!