BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.
SOLVED!

English language license in Japan?

Lisssa
Observer

Dear Graphisoft community, 

I live in Japan and would like to purchase an English language version of Archicad. 

I contacted local representative and they told me there's no such option in Japan (i believe this means Japanese billing address). 

I find this a bit odd and would like to know if anyone has similar experience. Could the option be just to change billing address and pay with US or EU credit card? 

Any suggestions welcome:) thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

That is if you buy direct from Graphisoft. Look up purchasing via the Japanese Reseller.

https://graphisoft.com/where-to-buy

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

Ask over on the JP forum if INT can be downloaded on a JP licence? Do note that a few things other than the language also change between program versions.

@Lingwisyer thank you for suggestion. Will do that.

Are the differences between Archicads in different languages very significant? 

As far as I know, it is mostly library changes. Some regions also include extra libraries and accessories / plugins. As far as I know, you can replace your loaded libraries with the desired regions ones and it should work fine, if you have access to said libraries. US does use a storey stucture that starts from 1 instead of 0.

kmitotk
Advocate

I'm in Japan as well. An AC JPN license is actually supposed to work not only with Japanese version but also with any other language versions. I know it works with AC INT, USA and UKI as I use them. I don't think you can purchase a license without Japanese version in Japan.

AC JPN also starts from story 1 btw.

Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 26 & 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10

Hi @kmitotk! That's reassuring to hear. I did ask on Japanese forum site as well and I got a reply that english version is only available with 'perpetual license'. Therefore if I want to have a subscription then there's only Japanese option. Is that correct? Do you have subscription? Thank you 

Hi @Lisssa, yeah I saw that reply on JPN forum. That's from a GS JPN person, so it should be official. I didn't know if that's the case. Mine is a perpetual license. I heard a rumor that GS will make it subscription license only in the near future. so that's a really bad news...

Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 26 & 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10

@Lisssa wrote:

Hi @kmitotk! That's reassuring to hear. I did ask on Japanese forum site as well and I got a reply that english version is only available with 'perpetual license'. Therefore if I want to have a subscription then there's only Japanese option. Is that correct? Do you have subscription? Thank you 

There was a similar post regarding a different language & INT.

It seems if you purchase a cloud license, then it is one language only.

But if you get a software or hardware key, then they can run the requested language plus INT.

See ...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Licensing/Licence-language-CZE-INT/m-p/585965/highlight/true#M38...

So it shouldn't matter if it is perpetual or subscription license.

Just don't by a cloud license, unless you are happy to just run INT and you are able to purchase an INT license.

Otherwise if you can only purchase a JPN license, make sure it is software or hardware license, not cloud.

Then, it sounds like you can just download the INT software from the Graphisoft website and run that or the JPN language version (according to kmitotk).

But do check with you local representative that the JPN license can run the INT software.

If they don't know, then make sure they agree to refund anything you pay, if you are willing to try it and it doesn't work.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lisssa
Observer

Thank you all for such kind support. @Barry Kelly it seems like Japan only has cloud based version for new subscribers o_0 

So, in this case...if I would potentially want to purchase the license with my US credit card, could that be a solution?

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 17.21.20.png
Solution

That is if you buy direct from Graphisoft. Look up purchasing via the Japanese Reseller.

https://graphisoft.com/where-to-buy

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!