BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D perspective

Anonymous
Not applicable
When i go to my 3D Perspective it wont show anything, there is nothing to see, though when i go to 3D Axonometry it shows the view, even if i ring the model an it F5 it just shows it in Axonometry.

I want to import the 3D model into Artlantis but says the model needs to be saved in Perspective, i can save the file but there is no model to see.

anyone else get this problem, and a solution how to fix it.

O btw using ArchiCAD 12.

~~Cheers
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try the Zoom Extents button when in perspective, or check your 3D projection settings and see where your camera and target are (including their heights relative to your model)
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Maysum wrote:
...and a solution how to fix it.
You can also use the Camera Tool to place a Camera in plan so you are sure that you are looking at (not away from) the model. Select the placed Camera before opening the 3D Window.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help, but those tips didn't seem to work out, however oddly enough the Perspective in the 'Project map' as still working, just in the 'View map' it wasn't working even after we tried to play around with the '3D projection settings' as S2art said.

I even tried the Camera way you suggested but wasn't working, then I we just figured maybe the link was broken between the Project map and View map (had the same problem with Hotlinks), so just dragged a new copy over an it seemed to work.

Thank you for your help.

(also added my signature ty)
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Do you have a Floor Plan Cutting Plane set up that is cutting away your model?
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Do you have a Floor Plan Cutting Plane set up that is cutting away your model?

No, there are no cutting planes set up.
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Hard marquee (all floors) a selection around the model.
2. Click the "arrow tool" and now select a preset camera, while leaving marquee in place around the model.
3. Hit F5 for a projection of the selection.
4. You'll still have a blank window. Now hit the "fit in window" button (lower left hand of screen) of the view. The perspective should be visible.
5. Save the view into Artlantis.

I think this was a bug in 11 or it may be a bugged part. Hopeful this helps, even though not a solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok having the same problem again an this time the solution just to create a new view off from the project map into the view map isnt working as now the whole perspective is gone in project an view map, even the axo cant be seen.

Any solutions?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still having this issue anyone find a answer?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could check ctrl-shft-F3 which opens the Perspective Settings dialog. Then check your View Cone settings and set it from 90° to 110°. And if that's it you might have to move the view cone in the preview screen in that dialog box (the sun and the view cone are interactive in that screen and you can move them) so the project is in the cone. I remember earlier AC versions sometimes wouldn't center on the project even if you did the center on command until the view cone was moved in the preview screen.
Learn and get certified!