BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC13

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry if theres already a thread about it. but shouldnt i have this by now (or even a few months ago??)
24 REPLIES 24
jbArch
Newcomer
I've been wondering the same thing. Lots of threads here about all the new features, but I've yet to see a shipping date anywhere. I'm on the subscription so I keep expecting it to show up at my door, but so far my reseller has been pretty quiet about this product.
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Anonymous
Not applicable
nice
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dunno what it is like in Brisneyland, but in Vic it is like GS don't exist. They don't respond to emails anymore. (A partner here in a firm with 30 odd seats can get no reply to his emails!). I seriously wondered about the company presence in Australia until this week the GS Australia website finally has links to AC13 pages (basically regurgitating GS.com info).

What amuses me is in the "cut and paste" they include (refer http://www.graphisoft.com.au/products/archicad/archicad13/faq.php)
When will ArchiCAD 13 ship?
ArchiCAD 13 starts shipping in mid-September with a very compact release schedule that brings all 26 local versions to the market in the fall season.

The first indication for any Australian user regarding AC13! (As I posted on another thread, funny when the AC13 material features heavily a building here in Melbourne).
Previous GS Aust management always held off local distribution by 4-6 months to the rest of the world to 'localize' it (the details of which always escaped me, although it meant we usually saw something after the first patch).

Anyhow maybe the <<compact release schedule>> heralds new things...just don't hold your breath!
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah i dont expect to see it for a while, but atleast its on the way..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh - and by the way we have not yet seen the new pricing regime for those wanting to take up the portable license option....so I guess there is that added step before we see AC13 here....
Anonymous
Not applicable
From what I am hearing, we will be seeing AC13 to select members within the next 2 weeks & AUS Essential library about 2 weeks after that. This is hearsay & therefore not confirmed but maybe one of the Graphisoft Aus guys who watch this space could confirm or deny this
Wokka
Contributor
rwallis wrote:
ArchiCAD 13 starts shipping in mid-September with a very compact release schedule that brings all 26 local versions to the market in the fall season.
Classic You'd think they'd at least call it Autumn...

I've been using Archicad since 4.55 and it's NEVER been this quiet about a release. We are usually attacked by marketing material, ArchiCamp, presentation evenings, everything. But nothing. The cynic in me would say they they got us all hooked with the subscription and don't need to sell this version I even got quoted on there Graphisoft R13 overview page, but they didn't tell me it was shipping.
I'm not so concerned about me, because I have an interest in the technology, but I know many Architects that have no idea R13 will be out soon.

Sorry, rant over......
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
From a CAD manager point of view - don't even ask when all the plugins such as for google earth will be available.....?! With 12 they were months late.

Impressive that CADIMAGE have their tools pretty much ready to go....I really think they have something to offer GS but that's a subject of another thread.....
Learn and get certified!