BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Different Line Weights for Different View maps?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wondering if there is a way to set different line weights for the same plan, within different view maps.

So in other words.. I basically have two view map's set up, both of the same plan and I need one of them to have different line weights than the other so I can switch back and forth between them with their own, correct line weights.

I know you can change your pen category through the view map settings, but that doesn't seem to do any good.

Thank you in advance for any future replies! Much appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Erich
Contributor
You already have the answer. Save a different pen set with each view and you are done. Is there an issue you are having beyond this?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich wrote:
You already have the answer. Save a different pen set with each view and you are done. Is there an issue you are having beyond this?
It seems that way.

Right now each of my two views have different pen sets. However, when I change a wall to a lighter weight and save the view map, the same change I just made appears on my other floor plan with the different pen set.

Is there some sort of connection between my pen sets? I think the two I'm using were the same at one point and I renamed them.. like I made a new pen set from one that already exists.. I dont know if that would cause an issue..
Erich
Contributor
Check to make sure that the pen set used in each view is what you think it is. (Select the view and click view settings in the Navigator)
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm I don't know. I'm positive that each view map is on a different pen set. Maybe I'm using the wrong strategy to change my line weights. Basically all I was doing was selecting the walls I wanted to change and changed the 'cut line' weight.

Do I need to edit one of the pen sets? Maybe?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else have any idea how to issue different line weights for different view maps?
Anonymous
Not applicable
allegronea wrote:
Yes, you'll need to have a different pen set for each of the view you'd like.

Lets say your walls have been set to pen 5. In one view, pen 5 will have to have one weight, in the other it has a distinct weight. You'll set up two pen sets which are identical except for the weight of pen 5. Now since each view uses different pen set with a different weight for pen 5, you'll get the desired behaviour.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cleverbeans wrote:
allegronea wrote:
Yes, you'll need to have a different pen set for each of the view you'd like.

Lets say your walls have been set to pen 5. In one view, pen 5 will have to have one weight, in the other it has a distinct weight. You'll set up two pen sets which are identical except for the weight of pen 5. Now since each view uses different pen set with a different weight for pen 5, you'll get the desired behaviour.
I completely understand what your saying, and I did exactly that. Unfortunately its really not working too well.. getting a little frustrating lol.

So I made the pen sets exactly the same except for one of the pens being different and it worked, but it automatically changed my pen set for that view to custom instead of keeping it at the duplicate penset that I made. I really dont understand why its not working.. is there any way you can simply make a new pen set for a different view.. and select whatever you want and change to line weights to whatever you want? It seems like that should have no reason not to work if it's on a different pen set..
Erich
Contributor
If you change a pen in a penset it will automatically create a custom pen set. However, this pen set is not assigned to the view - nor would you want it to be. Instead you must save that pen set by clicking the Save As button at the top of the Pens and Colors dialog. There you can either choose to create a new pen set or overwrite your existing one. In your case you want to overwrite your existing pen set. Then you will see the change in the views as you navigate with the view map. If you fail to do things this way then you will still have your altered 'custom' pen set but the view will reference the older pen set without your changes.

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Learn and get certified!