BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doors/Windows in a Profile Wall

DaveOlufs
Participant
I'm trying to install doors in a wall with a profile. The door frames in 3D are shown beyond on the inside of the wall but in plan view the inside is shown flush with the inside face of the wall. I played with numerous adjustments of the wall profile with no change. The wall profile has different materials and finishes.

I'm trying to use a single metal door and it is wrong. I still need to add double metal doors and windows and expect the same problems.

Please advise.

Picture 3.png
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
5 REPLIES 5
DaveOlufs
Participant
While trying to modify door parameters, I noticed that if the door is FLIPPED, then the frame flips but the door stays the same. When the frame flips it does the same thing as above with no relationship to the position of the wall.

What's going on?
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Karl Ottenstein
Known bug, reported in many threads here.

Two workarounds that may help:

1. GS tech support suggests that you change the anchor for the door to use the header instead of the sill. See screenshot for anchor options. (This will not work if the door header happens to touch a crown moulding or some other bump out from the face of the wall.)

2. less attractive as it introduces a minor geometry shift, but mentioned by some on these forums - raise the door slightly above the wall base - 1/16" or whatever

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
DaveOlufs
Participant
Karl,

Thanks for the response. So far, your suggestions have not worked... assuming that I did the right thing. Doors shown appropriately in plan, the frames don't touch the walls in 3D and vice-versa...

Is this fixed in 13? If not, what do I do here? Do I reconfigure the walls to not be Profiles BUT to be a series of separate walls?
Picture 4.jpg
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is you problem solved by using the Opening Reference lines in the complex profile?
These lines are the reference for the Reveal Depth in 3D of a door/window.
DaveOlufs
Participant
Master Script...

Thanks. I had the 'opening reference' lines showing BUT I changed their location to be within 2 inches of each other. One was on the outside face of the wall, the other 2 inches from the front face. It worked.

Thanks again.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

Learn and get certified!