BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Ganging WDW's in AC12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Used to in 11 you had the ganging option in the window dialog box with how wide you wanted the ganging to be.

In 12, that ganging selection box is still there but no size of the mull you want. Is it located somewhere else or did they do away with that (hope not)
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to back this up....here's the AC 11 Ganging option JLKilgore is talking about.... I use this a lot too, it would be unjust to do away with this option in future versions of AC....
AC11 Ganging.jpg
Karl Ottenstein
Ouch. Yes, this seems to be gone!

Just strained my brain trying to dig through the macros in the 11 vs 12 library to find what was going on in 11 and is in 12. All I can say is there appears to be some heavy black magic behind the scenes that handles ganging...and the parameter that was set by the UI in 11 does not exist in the 12 library, so they either (a) did leave this feature out, or (b) rewrote it but forgot to display the new parameter.

I agree that this seems to be a significant loss in functionality. Will report it.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could we hope this could be fixed by this afternoon??? Maybe?....

That is a shame, really going to put a damper on people who need to gang windows and have their soldier courses and bottom trim look all wonky.

GS, you HAVEEEE to fix this!

Thanks
Karl Ottenstein
The confirmed omission is now in the bug-fixing queue...

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:

Karl
Karl, do you mean in the US bug fixing queue or will it be in the INT version also???
I've never seen it before.

Greetings, J
Karl Ottenstein
Joeri wrote:
Karl wrote:

Karl
Karl, do you mean in the US bug fixing queue or will it be in the INT version also???
I've never seen it before.
The US Library bug fixing queue. If a similar parameter existing in the INT (and other) library before and is now gone, I imagine they will fix things there as well...

Cheers,
Karl
Barbara Sommer
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Defining the Spacing Width when activating Ganging is not possible anymore, but instead of that you can define a Horizontal and Vertical Tolerance
The only difference here is that when changing tolerance the rough opening width/height is changing according to this.
So this new parameter should replace the Spacing Width. In case you have some example where it does not ... now is the time to let us know.
Ganging-Tolerance.jpg
Barbara Sommer
Technical Support Team
Graphisoft
Budapest, Hungary
archicadwiki - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Karl Ottenstein
Barbara wrote:
In case you have some example where it does not ... now is the time to let us know.
Thank you for responding here, Barbara!

This parameter seems to do the same thing for me as the 11 parameter, although the location is less convenient.

See the attached screenshot. Two W1 Casement 12 windows are ganged with default settings on the top. Changing the 1/4" 'tolerance' to 3" did change the framing/mullion space to 6" overall.

Visually, there is a joint line where the two window meet. This line is absent in the 11 symbol, which I prefer, since one may have a solid framing member in that space.

So, I think it behaves the same as the old param - but the result is not visually correct? What do others think?

On a related issue: by cutting through the casing, the UI suggests that the casing should have been stretched, too, but it is not. In fact, I cannot find a parameter i that will let me make the ganged casing a different width than the other vertical casing. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Karl
Picture 2.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, misunderstood question.
Deleted my verbose response.
Bier
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!