Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

INTERSECTING WALL TO COMPLEX PROFILES

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want the walls to connect to the inside of the complex profile walls i created but it connects to the outside when I intersect the two. How do i fix it?

the two walls on the end are the complex profiles.
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
Make sure that your reference lines are joining. If needed, move the reference line to the other side of the wall, or as appropriate.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
THANK YOU. I CHANGED THE REFERENCE POINT SOME OF THE WALLS REACT DIFFERENTLY TO THE COMPLEX PROFILE THEY TAKE PIECES AWAY. HOW DO i FIX? THE CIRCLE ON THE RIGHT--THE WALL CONNECTS TO THAT OUTSIDE WALL WHEN I ACTUALLY CONNECTED IT TO A WALL THAT DOESNT REACH THAT WALL. THE SECOND CIRCLE IS TAKING A PIECE OF THE WALL AWAY. I THINK ITS BECAUSE THEY TOUCH THE BOTTOM OF THE WALL???
BLDG2.jpg
Dwight
Newcomer
Try wrapping each complex profile 1 mm back at right angles to finish the wall end

AND

adjust wall priorities to make one wall clearly dominate the other
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also you may want to try tweaking your layer settings to change your layer priorities. Where a wall intersects with another that is not cleaning up correct, place them on separate layers and assign a different priority like a 3 to the problem wall. This will make it so the don't try to clean up at all. You can then fake a wall clean up by turning the corner as suggested below, just enough to appear as if it is cleaning up. You can always use a SEO to hide odd intersections that poke through.
Try wrapping each complex profile 1 mm back at right angles to finish the wall end

AND

adjust wall priorities to make one wall clearly dominate the other
Your walls most likely will not clean up if you do not have simular reference lines, composite fills, or priorities.

Your wall that is disappearing is prob because you are intersecting with a wall either above or below it. Priorities can help here too, or adjust your heights.
Djordje
Ace
Can you save those three walls as a module, ZIP and post it here, so that we can check?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen