BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Inject Parameter into multiple elements?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Easy question, I have a collection of elements and I would like to inject parameter settings from another object into the entire collection at once. I tried selecting them all and injecting but this didn't work, and I tried grouping the elements and injecting but that also didn't work.

How can I accomplish this operation?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
For the syringe tool to work on multiple elements you have to open the settings dialog. This will probably not do what you are looking for though. It is used to change the part reference while retaining the current settings of the existing instances. Kind of the opposite to what you are looking for.

If what you want to do is reset all the parameters to match, you can open the part and "Save as..." with the desired default parameters, then select the parts and switch them to the new one.
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you set up a favorite, then you can select multiple objects and double click on the favorite.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
If you set up a favorite, then you can select multiple objects and double click on the favorite.
Of course! I really don't use favorites enough. Thanks, Erika. (Now that you mention it I recall using that method heavily about two years ago )
Anonymous
Not applicable
Favorites works! I didn't think to try it because the parameter I'm changing is locked/hidden, but it stores the value as a favorite. Sweet.

Thanks for the help.
Learn and get certified!