BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Issues with modeling in 3d - height stretch - AC27

tomyg
Booster

Hey all, 

Having issues with using the 'stretch height' command in 3D. It seems to jam up the program, the only way to fix the issue is click off along the top bar of the window and then back into the working space. 

Seems to be happing across the board with this command in 3d - not just isolated to cabinets. 

the X marks where i need to click to get it back. This is the same across a team of 8. 

AC27 - height stretch.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Lingwisyer
Guru

Having the click on the AC window header would imply that when you are selecting the Height Stretch option, something is causing the AC window to cease to be the active window. If you are on Windows, you can confirm this was the header text will fade out. On macOS, I believe the window buttons at the top right change.

Lingwisyer_0-1699580683691.pngLingwisyer_1-1699580695165.png

Could you boot in Safe Mode then start a new AC project with no addons loaded?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
danielk
Booster

Hello @tomyg,

I am having the exact same issue on my desktop, but it works perfectly fine on my laptop, so I am suspecting it has something to do with the hardware/drivers. Since it is happening in 3D, maybe something is worng with the GPU or its driver?

@Lingwisyer, That is not the case, the window is still active, it just freezes.

Have you been able to resolve this? What was the solution?

Thanks!

I am facing the same issue and yes, clicking anywhere "outside" is the only way to terminate the jam.

AC user since 2004 (Version 9)
LENOVO/ LEGION PRO 5/ 13th Gen Intel(R) CoM) i7-13700HX 2.10 GHz/ RAM 32,0 GB/ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU/ Windows 11

On the contrary, I am facing the same issue on my laptop. It's a Lenovo Legion Pro 5, with GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070.

LENOVO/ LEGION PRO 5/ 13th Gen Intel(R) CoM) i7-13700HX 2.10 GHz/ RAM 32,0 GB/ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU/ Windows 11

GS, please address this problem

MASz
Enthusiast

Same issue here.

Apparently it is already logged as a bug: DEF-16609

AC27 AUS, Windows 11, i9-13900KF, RTX3090, 128GB DDR5, 4k144 display

I am having the same issues.  It happens on both my laptops. It doesn't happen in V26. I am interested when an update comes out if they are working on it already.

Bee-am
Participant

I'm also experiencing this issue, and clicking on the window top bar doesn't seem to work.

Is there an update on this bug?

Bee-am
---
Designer Innovator + Generalist
Architecture, 3D Visualization, Web Solutions

i can't help but notice how archicad is getting more and more stupid and lazy in creating really useful and actual tools. No AI and other...

Learn and get certified!