Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Linking several buildings to one site model question

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I have two buildings with starting at different levels regarding to sea level (=zero). They also have different story heights.

As I get it the site model need only one story but it has to be high enough to host the tallest building if it's only for site plan overview, sections/elevations and visualization in 3D. Method A in the attachment.

If I want to show other stories than ground level in the site model I suspect I need to create one story in the site model for every story in the building models and then link them story by story. Method B in attachment.

Suggestions? OK or not? How do you do it?

Cheers,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
3 REPLIES 3
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
or....should we create "double stories" and stick with one model for both buildings? It would be easier and trickier at the same time. We're early on in the design....the sketchup modeling but in ArchiCAD but we have floors, ext walls roof surrounding buildings etc.
/M
AC 25 SWE Full

Anonymous
Not applicable
It really depends on the project. I would be inclined to keep the buildings separate and link them into the site, but I've done it both ways. I just wish you could link whole buildings and define story by story offsets.
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Matthew wrote:
define story by story offsets.
That's it! Development issue for GS. A larger development for connecting buildings and site with centralized management.
AC 25 SWE Full