BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Placing a corner window in a Profiled Wall

TomWaltz
Participant
Have anyone else successfully placed a Corner Window in a Profiled Wall?

We keep trying. The corner window will place successfully in a simple or a composite wall. If we place it in a Profiled wall, Archicad only places one window, like it was a normal window.

Has anyone else seen this? Know any workarounds?
Tom Waltz
4 REPLIES 4
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Tom,

Since corner windows can not handle complex geometries (when they are in a slanted position), corner window functionality is disabled for slanted and profiled walls. Therefore the corner windows will not "try" to behave like a corner window in a profiled wall, not even when the wall is actually a straight wall with footing or cornice. I understand that in these situations when the geometry of the profiled wall would allow the window to work normally, we should enable corner window functionality, but I am not sure if and how can we "detect" those situations.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Along with this same topic, I have been working with the corner window tool and am having trouble with putting a corner window into a composite wall (that is not a complex profile) and then intersecting that wall with a complex profile. I keep getting the warning below. Has anyone seen this before?

I'm I doing something wrong. According to all the posts that I have seen, placing a corner window into a composite should not be an issue. Also, when I try to do this when I am intersecting a composite with another composite wall I get the same warning, so I doubt that the complex profile is my problem. I have not gotten around to assigning the composites to the complex profile, could that be a reason?

Thanks,
Rachel
archicad_cornerwindow copy.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom : In those situations I normally put an empty opening in end of the walls that cut a hole. Then I put a window in that hole and create the corner manually or build the corner situation as a standalone GDL object that I put in the hole I created above.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thanks, that's what I figured I would have to do... Have you ever seen this error prompt before? Or is it basically just telling me that this command cannot work with my wall geometries?
Learn and get certified!