BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Project crash URGENT HELP!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a project that when I opened last time, my stories are gone and the default stories 1 thru 3 are all that show. My workspace is completely blank. My layouts are still there, but my subsets are all gone. Each layout still shows the drawing or view, but the Master Layout is gone, since it is sourced from the project. If I click the dropdown arrow for a layout to see the drawing and source, it is blank.

I have been cut and pasting updated floorplans from the architect, and I noticed some walls missing. So, I closed my project and saved it, opened her baseplan to copy the walls again, and when I opened my project, this is how it opened, completely blank. I did a shut down and restart of my computer, and it did a recovery on this project, but did not fix anything.

I have opened other projects, and they seem fine. It seems as if ArchiCad has ignored my project information and opened in the default project mode as if I'm starting a new project. I know my info is here somewhere, because the views show my work, but nothing shows on any of the three stories in my working window.

Never seen anything like this before. Anybody know anyway to recover my project settings??

I have to send drawings today for tomorrow's deadline, I needed to start plotting 30 minutes ago, I am so SCREWED!!!

Thanks - Oh, AC10, Mac OS 10.4.11
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just for kicks, I tried to merger this project into a new one just to see if ACad could find any information in my project, which did nothing. It cannot find any information.

The odd thing is my layouts are still there perfectly. However, when the drawing manager to look at the links for the views, the Status is ok, the Source Views are blank, the Path says (No longer linked.) Internal

Very strange. This must mean my layouts are cached and no longer linked to anything.

My library parts are all there, if I select on and try to add it to one of my layers, it will add it and show it, but none of the rest of the layer shows. It will add it to a layout as a new drawings, but then the program quits unexpectedly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Steve,

I've passed thru this with some sections a couple of months ago...
Luckily I always put the manual update to my layouts. So I was able to print and deliver the job on time...
But some model stories and sections (and all the stuff in it ) had gone... I had to make it all over again.

If you have a deadline... I'd advise you not to waist your time trying to reanimate a dead body...

Hope that helps.
Learn and get certified!