BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Saving "down" .pla?

Chris Grantham
Advocate
Does anyone know if it is possible to save down an archive file? I am working with an architect who only has release 12, meanwhile I am on 11 for several more weeks. He can save down a .pln for me to open which of course does not allow me to modify or view any of the library parts. Will 11 open an archive file created in 12? Is there any good way of allowing me to view these library parts in my version? Thanks for your help in advance!

-Chris
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could use(load) AC11 Migration Library. It comes with AC12 package.
Worked for me once.
Chris Grantham
Advocate
That is not a bad idea. When I am at my "12" station tomorrow I will look for it.

-Chris
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
rocorona
Booster
Migration library only contains the library parts not included in the current version (12).

You need to use the whole 11 library for the project, in both the ArchiCAD 11 and ArchiCAD 12. Then save a normal .PLN when working in AC11, and a "ArchiCAD 11 Plan" when working in AC12.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
So that means every library part that was put in the plan in 12 needs to be replaced with the 11 library parts? That may be a great deal more time then it is worth.
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Chris Grantham
Advocate
So I opened the file in 11 and made a few adjustments to it without loading any of the 12 library parts. I then tried opening it back in 12 just to make sure the architect I am doing work for would be able to view it. Now it will not load the doors and windows saying that they have become 11 objects!? I am so confused now.
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Learn and get certified!