Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

wall <<<

Anonymous
Not applicable
how I can make that wall without curtain wall
and that wall have more than 3 material
thak
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Nourqueen,

One solution might be to create each area of colour as a separate complex profile, apply each one to a different beam, then in the beam settings you can set the different end colours.

Then there are two options.

- either set the beams a tiny distance into the wall (1mm), then use SEO to subtract the beams away from the wall (making sure you have 'inherit attributes of operator' selected in the SEO settings)

- or make the beams 1mm long and just place them against the wall - no SEO involved.

I'm not quite sure how you would deal with the door if this overlaps the coloured areas. You could try constructing a special panel from slabs, and save it as a custom door panel maybe, but you would have to experiment to see how it looks.

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thack Peter that help me but I think( I not need ) if I have curved wall what I will do are there any tools to cut surface from wall ??
any any other way?even in gdl
thank
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Nourqueen,

You could create a new material > apply this pattern as a map and fill > apply this material to your wall. For colored views you could use opengl mode.
HTH.
Anonymous
Not applicable
nourqueen85 wrote:
thack Peter that help me but I think( I not need ) if I have curved wall what I will do are there any tools to cut surface from wall ??
any any other way?even in gdl
thank
I've been having a little think about this.

You could duplicate the curved wall in the same spot, put it on a different layer with a different layer intersection group number, then use SEO to trim this wall away from the beams (so the end of the beams curve to match the curve of the wall). Now move both the beams and the new curved wall back 1mm into the wall as I mentioned before, then select just the beams and SEO them away from the original wall with 'inherit attributes of operator' selected as before.

When the beams and the new curved wall are turned off you should get the effect you are looking for.

It's a bit longwinded but it should work! Post the results if you are successful, it would be interesting to see!
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank Peter but :
1 beam not curved
2 If i do that i cant spread colour of wall

thank gain
Anonymous
Not applicable
another problem when I use SEO to wall It cut door and windows
Anonymous
Not applicable
nourqueen85 wrote:
another problem when I use SEO to wall It cut door and windows
Maybe Cigraph's ArchiWall could be the answer? (look at the '3D Colour' function) http://www.cigraph.it/cigraph/pagetrans.do?action=current_product&prodotti_id=25&lang=en

Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
WOW!
If only there was no dongle:-(
I'd buy it in an instant.
The musics great, sounds like the building of a new empire:-)
lec
Brett Brown
Advocate
lec1212 wrote:
If only there was no dongle
You haven't got a screen with USB ports Lec? Time you upgraded. With the two dongles I still have 2 more free.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,