BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Complex Profile Beam: Calculated length with overlap

pjuica
Participant

Hello, good afternoon everyone

I am trying to generate a list of pieces of beams and columns, the problem is generated when joining two pieces of the same type, which in the drawing the rope or blue line is until the end of the section as seen in the image, but in the The list discounts that overlap, which is 38mm, so all the profiles with overlap discount those 38 mm. I have tried everything but nothing works for me. This list is to be entered into a profile cutting machine.
If you could help me please, most likely I must add some type of additional command to the scheme, I tried roundup and all its alternatives but it adds it to the entire profile so it doesn't work.

thank you

Length Seccion complete.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon

You could use expressions to add the missing information.

The logic might be to create:

• "overlap" property where you write the overlap amount if it varies
  • Total property which is the sum of the Overlap + Existing length (Longitud Derecha in your schedule)

PS

I edited the post title to English.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

pjuica
Participant

The problem I have is that I have not yet mastered adding functions to the diagrams, what I do know is that in my ArchiCAD I do not have the overlap option

Eduardo Rolon

Then you either need to get some training or start by reading the manual.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!