BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Project Index that includes Layouts from Hotlink File

Brandon-W_DWa
Contributor

I have a Teamwork-ed Host file, with another teamwork file hotlinked into my Host file (we have a single project with two buildings).

I want to create a single project index in the Host file that includes all layouts from the Host file, but also the layouts from the hotlinked file. Is there a way to do this? To me, it appears that layouts aren't even a part of an HLM. If that's true, is my best option to create blank layouts in my Host file, so that I can manually and individually index the layouts from the hotlink file? Thanks!

(PS: I initially created this in the wrong section of the forum, so I've added it here too. Sorry!)

Versions 19, 21, & 23; currently using 25
macOS Monterey 12.6 - 2021 MacBook Pro 16", M1 Max Chip, 64gb DDR5
Browser: Google Chrome
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

@Brandon-W_DWa wrote:

I have a Teamwork-ed Host file, with another teamwork file hotlinked into my Host file (we have a single project with two buildings).

I want to create a single project index in the Host file that includes all layouts from the Host file, but also the layouts from the hotlinked file. Is there a way to do this?

No, it is not possible to do.

If this is what you wish to achieve, then my recommendation would be to have these two model Teamwork files (they would not contains any Layouts, except for the single mandatory Layout in each, which can be an empty Layout - every Project must contain at least 1 Layout), and then create a separate documentation PLN file or Teamwork file. In that file, you can have all your Layouts in one place, and you can place Views onto those Layouts from whichever model PLN/Teamwork file (host file or any module PLN file) you want using the Browse Project/Browse Teamwork Project command in the Navigator or Organizer Palette.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!