BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Schedule for listing project information

Scott Bulmer
Booster

Is there a way to create a 'Project Information' schedule or index using Properties so as to automate or simplify listing out building code / project information?  I have created various properties with option selections, for instance one property is 'Type of Construction.'  I would like a standardized list of relevant project data items which can be easily modified from within AC, an example is shown in the attachment.  The issue I have is that a schedule requires selection criteria but there is no appropriate criteria.  I can make a list using the Project Info but that solution does not offer a drop-down option list.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks, Scott

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 2.13.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 2.27.01 PM.png

  

AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

Hi @Scott Bulmer 

I think project information cannot be scheduled based on poperties as it is, but maybe there is a workaround: you could create a placeholder as a cube morph classified as element building proxy, place it out of the views scope and attach those custom properties to be listed.

That could be in a wish list for futue Archicad versions anyway.

Regards. - 

RicardoLopez_0-1710771764871.png

RicardoLopez_1-1710771781376.png

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

Hi @Scott Bulmer 

I think project information cannot be scheduled based on poperties as it is, but maybe there is a workaround: you could create a placeholder as a cube morph classified as element building proxy, place it out of the views scope and attach those custom properties to be listed.

That could be in a wish list for futue Archicad versions anyway.

Regards. - 

RicardoLopez_0-1710771764871.png

RicardoLopez_1-1710771781376.png

M. Arch. Ricardo López

Thank you Ricardo, this workaround is amazing.  The only issue I had was that some placed 2D objects had the Classification of Building Element Proxy adding extra irrelevant columns to the schedule.  Otherwise this is great, thank you so much.  Hopefully Graphisoft can adopt an easy way to input and output project data.  Scott

AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.

You are welcome,

You could choose any of the existing Archicad classifications or even create a new one just for that. Classifications can be edited to add new branches or leaves within the Classification Manager.

Regards. -

M. Arch. Ricardo López
Learn and get certified!