BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

multiple classifications

Betencorte
Contributor

Is there a way of setting more then one classification (of the same classification system) in a object? Example: from the "archicad classification v2" put the classes "door" from elements and "wood" from material in a wooden door, so that we have bot information inside one object.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Yes, there is a setting within an option set property that allows for multiple options, via this button. I don't believe you can assign more than one classification to an object, so utilizing the properties as you've described seems like the next best thing.

aarkell_0-1710789464692.png

Andrew Arkell

AC 18-27 USA 4060
HP Z6 G4 Workstation | Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6226R CPU @ 2.90GHz | Windows 10

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend

No, you can classify it in multiple classifaction systems tho.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Yes, i think that this could be a good way of classifying things. Like, lets say i am doing the early part of the design of something, then i want to, simply put, make a space and fill it with all the equipment that is needed in that space (but only in the information level), like if i plan a living room area and then i put informations that this place hlneeds to have a fireplace, a couch etc... I am from Brazil, and here we have a classification system called NBR15965, so i thought to use these AC's class systems, but now that i cant do that, maybe i'll try to come up with some properties (in the case of the example, create a option set with all the equipment i can put on some specific area that i had defined on the class systems, WAIT, CAN I DO A OPTION SET PROPERTY WHERE I COULD SELECT MULTIPLE OPTIONS?) Just come up with the caps ideia now lol

Solution

Yes, there is a setting within an option set property that allows for multiple options, via this button. I don't believe you can assign more than one classification to an object, so utilizing the properties as you've described seems like the next best thing.

aarkell_0-1710789464692.png

Andrew Arkell

AC 18-27 USA 4060
HP Z6 G4 Workstation | Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6226R CPU @ 2.90GHz | Windows 10
Learn and get certified!