BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Standard GraphiSoft Metric Template

MikeC
Booster

I have recently installed the US version of ArchiCAD, so when I create a new project there are two templates available: AC27 Template.tpl and ArchiCAD 27 Generic Template.tpl which are configured in Imperial.  Where can I find the equivalent GraphiSoft standard installed metric templates that I assume would be available when starting a project elsewhere in the world?

Thanks,

Mike

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based 13.6.3 Ventura

Mike Covill – Advanced Heritage Designs – AC 27 Solo on Mac
12 REPLIES 12

You can un-install the INT version after you have copied out the template and if you need it the library.

The template you can use in your USA version.

The template contains all of the attributes and measurement settings, so you don't need the INT software.

There are differences between the llibraries (mainly doors and windows), so ideally they should be kept separate.

But there is nothing stopping you using the USA library in the INT template.

Objects are actually all metric as far as I know - it is the Archicad settings for Working Units that displays the settings in imperial or metric.

I have not compared the INT and USA templates so can not comment on the differences between attributes.

If a USA object uses pen 1 and pen 1 is black in the USA template, then you use the same USA object in the INT template but pen 1 is red, then that will be an issue.

I guess, compare the two and see what differences there are.

It is the pen sets, line types, fills, surfaces and building materials that you need to compare.

If they are the same then you should have no trouble using either template with either library.

If those attributes are different then you will be better off using the USA template with USA library (with imperial measurement settings) and the INT template with the INT library (and metric measurement settings).

And don't copy and paste between the two.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

In the  Australian CI Essentials library

Lingwisyer_0-1711589158082.png

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Because we play so much ice hockey here in Australia that we need an ice hockey rink object for all of out plans. 🤣

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!