BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Walls not joining properly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, this is a bit of a mystery to me: both walls are the same (type, height, layer, etc), their reference lines meet (I turned them on for reference), wall skin priorities are okay (10 for studs, 8 for drywall), and yet the drywall on the exterior face is interrupted. Am I missing something? Is this yet another corrupted file? Anything else I might've forgotten to check?
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
Try using the intersect command. Turn on all layers, check with Show all in 3d that there isn't anything that interferes (maybe from another story).
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
__archiben
Booster
Sergio wrote:
Is this yet another corrupted file? Anything else I might've forgotten to check?
if the wall skin priorities are correct in the composite's dialogue, check that they haven't been manually over-ridden in that wall's specific settings . . . :

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
if the wall skin priorities are correct in the composite's dialogue, check that they haven't been manually over-ridden in that wall's specific settings . . . :
Thanks guys for the help. Apparently this was the problem on some of the walls (not all). Don't know how that happened - I'll need to check my wall defaults. So, up and running again. Thanks again.
Learn and get certified!