BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

autosave files and folder. can i delete them?

jl_lt
Ace

Hi. Last time i checked i have 14 autosave folders, each of them between 2 and 3 Gbs.  So they take a good chunk out of the already stressed SSD in which Archicad is installed.  

Can i deleted some of these folders? or can i reduce the number of these folders? even half could greatly help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AllanP
Advocate

Yes you can.

in older versions of Archicad, if there were too many autosave folders, then Archicad would not open until you deleted some of them.

only delete them if there are no copies of Archicad running and you haven't had Archicad crash that day.

these folder are located in the user folder/Graphisoft on a PC.

AllanP_0-1692922607231.png

I have been using ArchiCAD continually since ArchiCAD 4.5, 4.5.5, 5, 5.1, 6, 6.5, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25, now testing 27
Member of Architalk since 2003, but missed the migration to Graphisoft.
(where have all my original posts gone?)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AllanP
Advocate

Yes you can.

in older versions of Archicad, if there were too many autosave folders, then Archicad would not open until you deleted some of them.

only delete them if there are no copies of Archicad running and you haven't had Archicad crash that day.

these folder are located in the user folder/Graphisoft on a PC.

AllanP_0-1692922607231.png

I have been using ArchiCAD continually since ArchiCAD 4.5, 4.5.5, 5, 5.1, 6, 6.5, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25, now testing 27
Member of Architalk since 2003, but missed the migration to Graphisoft.
(where have all my original posts gone?)

Hi! Thanks a lot! 

Learn and get certified!