BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

VR Scene / Jump between panoramas

jbArch
Newcomer
From Archicad Help:

VR Scene (default): Allows you to save all the panoramas defined on the Floor Plan, together with a control file containing the navigation data. To properly view the scene in QTVR Player, you need to open this control file.
Sounds easy enough, but I can't figure out how to open the control file, which has an .mcr extension.

So how do I jump between the VR panoramas?

thanks
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
2 REPLIES 2
schagemann
Enthusiast
jbArch wrote:
Sounds easy enough, but I can't figure out how to open the control file, which has an .mcr extension.
you do not need to open the control file. archicad will produce one qtvr file per placed panorama (numbered in sequence, e.g. - 1) + one control file + one overall scene file. open this scene file in QT7 (not QTX check out our blog for more information also re AC13 & qtvr's http://macinteract.com/ac13-qtvr-753).
jbArch wrote:
So how do I jump between the VR panoramas?
you need to find the (for lack of better a word let's call it...) "jumping zone" and click on it. to find this zone you have 2 options...

1. if you hover above a qtvr "jumping zone" in your scene the cursor will change to a fat arrow symbol;

2. enable the arrow/question mark button to the right of the quicktime control plus sign below the scene - this will show an overlay of the "jumping zone" over your scene indicating where you can switch to the next panorama in the sequence;

please note if subsequent panoramas are aligned in one line in plan you may experience difficulties when switching between viewpoints as quicktime then may drop the inbetween panorama... as a workaround we found that clicking on the edge of the "jumping zone", rather than in the center, helps most of the time.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
jbArch
Newcomer
AC is definitely producing the files you described.
I can get the "jumping zone" to activate by clicking on the arrow/? icon, no problem.... just can't jump.

Here's a screenshot. My cursor changes from a target to a target+hand, but still won't jump.

thanks for your help.

p.s., I thought the image would show the cursor but I guess not. Oh well.
vr_grab.jpg
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
Learn and get certified!