BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Beam - change the angle in floor plan

Radek Vybihal
Booster

Add the option to change the end angle of the beams in the floor plan.

RadekVybihal_0-1699285613650.png

1.JPG
4 REPLIES 4
Nurbs
Advocate

Hi,

Rotade the beam 90° (Reference line axis) and switch dimensions if not even. Then you can adjust the angle in floor plan.Beam_1.png

AC16 -> AC aktuell
WIN 10 & Mac Studio Ventura
DGSketcher
Legend

It's an irritating problem and the only fix for a complex profile is to duplicate the profile and rotate it 90 degrees in the complex profile definition. You can then rotate it 90 degrees in the model and apply the angle on plan. It isn't a great solution & it isn't very BIM.

It should already be in the Wishlist to generate compound cuts (H&V) simultaneously. There is also a need for angled end cuts e.g. beams meeting in a corner. You could go down the Morph editing route, but again it's not a BIM or parametric solution.  

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Great! It works, thank you!

But the beam can do this in both axes. And more different endings of the beam. For example:

RadekVybihal_0-1699343498075.png

Or carpentry joints - for example plating:

RadekVybihal_1-1699343608629.png

Lingwisyer
Guru

I used OBJECTs in one project back in AC17 specifically because it allowed every beam to have its own intersection angle in the selected plane at each end...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!