BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Coloring textures

DenisUser
Booster

I would like to see a better solution for changing colours of surfaces. So that you can change colour of a surface quickly and it can be changed in 3D window, elevations and renders. I mean surfaces that use texture image.

A good example is Revit with "Paint" function. Also Chief Architect you can basically just drop a colour on a texture in 3D window and it would be painted over the texture. 

The fact that you have to use external software to repaint a texture or fight with different filters just to get a little darker brown siding for example is kind of weird and not practical. There should be a set of base/most used textures that can be easily painted within Archicad and used for 3D, renders and elevations. Like basic siding texture and you can paint it with any RGB colour or basic standing seam roof or roof tile or stucco and so on.

Archicad 26 Solo (Beginner - Started August 2023), Windows 11 Pro, Dell Precision 7560 Laptop (64GB RAM, i7-11850H, RTX A4000), Dual 27-inch Dell Monitors (2560x1440).
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!