BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

ID Selection for everything everywhere but mainly Info Box UI

Pato99
Enthusiast

You know how everything is searchable now, what would be even faster is if everything could be selected by ID in an input field. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses the Pen ID's as a selection method rather than   o...p...e...n..i..n..g     t..h..e     c..o..l..o..u..r     p..i..c..k..e..r.  Why have the option for one tool and not the other?

Why would you not have the option to select everything by ID? Lines, Pens, Surfaces, Fills, Comps...

Could you imagine changing 100% fill to ID 100, 75% to 75 & 25% to 25 ...WOW..
Could you imagine, selecting a line with increasing dash amount just by increasing the ID input  ...WOW.. 
Could you imagine, grouping all the concrete surfaces under similar IDs and rolling through the options without opening the menu ...SO WOW...

Pato99_0-1698803940267.png

Praise to the almighty GS development team. #WeAreNotWorthy #Roadmap #VotingSystem 

Versions 10 to 27
Metabox Prime-X P775DM2-G (Clevo),
GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM - G-Sync,
i7-6700K (8M Cache up to 4.2 GHz),
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

Nice idea, but you would have to have fixed attribute numbers.

Then what would happen if you had 2 files set up differently.

What happens when the attribute numbers are the same but for different attributes.

Your nice idea of matching the attribute number to the attribute name/usage (and I actually like that logic) would go right out of the window.

Pens are a little different as there are a set number of pen attributes.

And they don't change when you copy paste or insert hotlink modules.

You can import/export entire pens sets and the pen numbers will not get messed up.

Generally the pen colour/usage is consciously associated to a pen number so it is possible to refer to pen numbers.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yeah very true, I guess you may need a prompt when importing, similar to the layer prompt. 
No doubt it would cause havoc between projects and for hotlink users at first.

Attribute number could be the same between attributes because you're using the cell for that tool only, there must be a hidden unique id for each attribute. You'll always remember attribute 1 is black, solid line, solid fill... 

For those power users who are constantly updating the template and the life of a project is very short, I think it'd be great!

Versions 10 to 27
Metabox Prime-X P775DM2-G (Clevo),
GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM - G-Sync,
i7-6700K (8M Cache up to 4.2 GHz),
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
Learn and get certified!