BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Multi component walls.

Tinou
Enthusiast

Hello,

Imagine how to apply the multi-beam or multi-column features to walls.

A multi wall would be designed with several levels defined by a fix z distance or a proportion of the total hight. Each "level" of the multi wall could be simple, composite or complex profile. Each one will have it's reference line.

This advanced wall tool could be usefull in case of creating openings that intersect several parts of the wall.

Also interesting for traditional and historical buildings wit rims and bases.

I know all of that could be done with specific complex profiles, but how many of them I have to create ton cover the huge diversity of possibilities tha a multi wall tool could offer ?

Section of a multi wall could be something like that. It's just one wall.

Capture d’écran 2023-06-19 100756.jpg

Étienne - AC 24 - France
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Interesting thought, although I think it is different from how multi-segment Columns and Beams work. The segments for multi-segment Columns and Beams connect to each other along the reference line of the Column/Beam. What you are suggesting is that the Profile of the Wall to be composed on multiple Profiles. This is a feature that is available in Revit called Stacked Walls.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Tinou
Enthusiast

Yes exactly. I didn't know that is exists in Revit.

The point similar to multi segment beams could be the interface design, with a very similar tool box that users already know well. And specially the choice of locked or unlocked dimensions.

Thanks for your interest.

Étienne - AC 24 - France
Lingwisyer
Guru

It would probably need to be more like the railing tool... So that you could select your stacked Composites then put a beam or stud through them. I think an easier update would be being able to define inside and outside within Complex Profiles.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Tinou
Enthusiast

Railing tool is toooooo much time spending. Good that usual building has more walls that railings. If wall tools becomes like railing, AC will be very unefiscient !

Étienne - AC 24 - France
Learn and get certified!