BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Change visibility of specific composite layers by Graphic Override or other means?

spencerM
Participant

I am working on a multi-family project and need to show the CMU walls on our overall slab plan. However, some of the CMU walls in our hotlinked units that make up the overall building plan, contain hat channels making it appear as if our CMU walls have varying thicknesses. It's important to have the correct width in the slab plan so I need to be able to turn off or hide the hat channels that are a part of the composite CMU walls. Changing the partial structure display of the hat channels from core to finish/other would not work since I still need these hat channels in the individual unit plans. Gypsum board is also in this wall composite but under the finish category and we don't show those in plan, so making the unit plans have a finish display is also not an option. I've attached 2 images, one showing part of a typical unit plan and how the hat channels show up, and another in slab plan with the 2 varying widths of the walls, 1 with hat channels and 1 w/o hat channels. I need all the walls to look like the one without hat channels. Is there any workarounds that some of you might know that could get me what I need besides manually drawing this slab plan? Thanks

Typical unit plan_cmu with hat channels.png

slabplan-walls.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
spencerM
Participant

Solved: After exhausting every option, the most efficient method was to classify the hat channels as "other" in the composite layer settings and set the slab plan view settings to "core only" and the unit plan's as "without finishes". 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
spencerM
Participant

Solved: After exhausting every option, the most efficient method was to classify the hat channels as "other" in the composite layer settings and set the slab plan view settings to "core only" and the unit plan's as "without finishes". 

Learn and get certified!