BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Find and Select command not working right

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to use Edit > Find and Select (in AC12) to select just Text objects. If in the Find and Select box I choose Text from the topmost list I seem to get just Text objects selected...but my Info Box shows a Polyline. Which makes it hard to change the Text size!

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Or a work-around?

Thank you for any tips and clues.

(P.S. How do you search this forum for exact wording, like "Find and select"? Thanks.)

Doug
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
I'm guessing that a polyline was selected before you had F&S do its thing - since F&S adds to an existing selection, rather than replacing.

Trying hitting escape until nothing is selected, then try again.

If all you want is all text (without any other criteria), then don't bother with F&S ... just select the Text tool and then do a select all (ctrl/cmd-A). Same deal for all tools.

When you search, you'll see F&S as an abbreviation as well as the spelled out phrase. The actalk search engine cannot find anything three characters or less and has other limitations. So, use this Google search that was set up by Vistasp:

http://archicadstuff.blogspot.com/

where you can enter "find and select" in quotes to find the phrase.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,
Thanks for the reply. I do have everything deselected before I use Find and Select. After deselecting all I put a Marquee around the area I want to select all Text items (to avoid editing Text elsewhere), and then open Find and Select and select for Text items inside the Marquee.

This time the Info Box shows a Circle. What the heck?! Any other ideas of what's going on?

Doug

P.S. Great link for forum searches--thanks!
Erika Epstein
Booster
Is grouping enabled?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!