BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Zoom 0,00000%, Floorplan not visible [PROBLEM]

byMarkus
Contributor

Dear Graphisoft Support Team (Barry) :D,

I am writing to bring to your attention an issue encountered while utilizing ArchiCAD25 software, specifically concerning floorplan display anomalies subsequent to importing certain objects into a project OR in modelling stairs.

Upon importing objects into the project, it has been observed that select floorplans exhibit an erratic behavior wherein the zoom level unexpectedly extends to 0.00000%. Consequently, the affected floorplan becomes entirely devoid of visible elements, rendering it functionally unusable within the context of the project workflow.

This has happened to me on 2 specific occasions;

- Importing IFC Objects from Revit to Archicad (Floors to be exact), some of the floors work fine but some bring out the issue in question.

- Modelling Stairs. And again, some stairs do work fine. But on random occasions, some stairs render some floorplans unusable with the zoom bug occuring out of nowhere.

Only "Hotfix" to this issue is to delete the objects in question, obviously this doesn't solve anything.

I've attached a picture of the bug in question (The floorplan should have objects visible in it, but the zoom is set to 0,00000% and cannot be changed)

#Markus

Zoom 0,0000% problem Archicad 25.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
Barry Kelly

So, you are saying you can not scroll in with the mouse wheel?

Can you choose from the preset zooms?

BarryKelly_0-1708399196412.png

I can zoom out manually but only to 0.000004%.

Maybe because you have 0.000000%, that is why it is stuck.

Can you select anything that shows in the upper left of your image?

I am a bit surprised you can see anything there at all - usually it would be too small at that zoom.

If you can select it, can you drag it closer to the dot on your page (I assume that is the project origin).

When importing the IFC objects, do you have any options for location?

Don't place in original location, try centre of screen.

Or can you control the origin in Revit?

I don't know, as I don't work with IFC files or Revit.

I am not sure why stairs would cause a problem.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I see someone else had the same problem with stairs.

Very hard to say what it might be without having access to a file with the problem.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Modeling/0-00000-zoom-Survey-point-missing/m-p/342869/highlight/...

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hey Barry

"So, you are saying you can not scroll in with the mouse wheel?"

- No I cannot scroll in with the mousewheel, the whole instance seems to be bugged out somehow.

"Can you choose from the preset zooms?"

- When I try to change the preset it switches back to 0,0000 immidiately. So no

"Can you select anything that shows in the upper left of your image?

I am a bit surprised you can see anything there at all - usually it would be too small at that zoom.

If you can select it, can you drag it closer to the dot on your page (I assume that is the project origin)."

- I don't think what I see are any actual objects, I believe it's just a random visual bug. If anything it seems to be some kind of a smudge from the point cloud,

but it cannot be selected or moved.

To solve this issue I think it's best to focus only on the stairs, because that is only related to Archicad and its objects. So, my workflow with the stairs was to first make one set of stairs and then multiply that set to different elevations and just fine tune them in place. What I've found researching on my own is that it could possibly have something to do with that, but it clearly has something to do with the object because deleting it removes the problem. However, when you have multiple set of stairs in your hands, deleting all and re-doing them does not sound very pleasant of a fix. Especially when the bug can reappear later, because I have no idea what is really causing it.

Some threads say there might be something wrong with the object. Ex. "Complex profile with no fill", whatever that means. Or that some parameters are below the minimum threshold.

Hopefully this shines some light for you. I have found a specific object that causes the issue, so let me know if you need more information about it.

#Markus

Sounds like something in the stairs is producing 'points' way off in the distance.

What that could be I have no idea as stairs have so many settings.

It is similar to when you place a very short but almost flat arc.

The flatter the arc is, the further away the centre point gets.

So although you can see the arc, the centre point is way off the screen.

Sounds like something in the stair is creating these bogus points way of in the distance.

But without having the problem in front of me, I would not know where to start looking.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hey Barry, we still haven't managed to fix the issue. I was able to recreate the problem with a test file. Could you take a look at it?

So basically, if the file behaves the same way for you as it does for me, you shouldn't be able to see the 2nd-floor floorplan. HOWEVER, when you delete the stairs from the 3rd floor, you will then be able to see the 2nd-floor floorplan.

The stairs cause an issue of some sort.

Sincerely,

Markus

I don't now exactly what is causing the issue.

I suspect it has something to do with the curve of the stairs.

And I have no idea why this fixes it.

View the stair in 3D.

Select the upper stair and in the settings, turn the Floor Plan Display, turn the 'by Model View Options' off and then back on.

BarryKelly_0-1708913596392.png

Now try the floor plan view, zoom to extents, and it should work again.

I suspect something to do with a fill was being placed way off in the distance, and this somehow resets it.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hey, thanks for getting back to me shortly!

What exactly do you mean with "zoom to extents"? I still cannot zoom out manually, and double clicking the scroll wheel does nothing. I can get the floorplan visible by right clicking and selecting "Zoom to selection", but the issue resets right after switching a floorplan. So it's just a temporary fix

Sorry, I meant "fit in window'.

BarryKelly_0-1708918882045.png

But just change the MVO setting I mentioned and the problem should go away.

I does for me.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

For some reason that fix does not work for me(?)

Changing that setting in particular does not do anything for me in terms of the other floor plan getting visible. Also, just noticed that the zoom to selection works without that so it had nothing to do with it. But as I said, that's only a temporary fix

So issue still persists..

Learn and get certified!