BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

perspective view bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was working in perspective view and I am not sure what I did but it seems like I broke it. haha

anyway i can either see a small upper portion of the house which is tipped on its side 90 degrees and if I try orbit or 3dfly it just goes white and the movements do not work.

p.s. my screenshots keyboard comand stopped working???? so I can not attach a picture.
22 REPLIES 22
eastcoast413 wrote:
my screenshots keyboard comand stopped working???? so I can not attach a picture.
Use Grab, or get SnapzPro if you take a lot of shots.

Your problem sounds familiar. I thought it was in a beta... it's in the hazy past...
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is screenshot, The house is on its side and any movement make it disappear
Picture 1.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
The first thing to try is resetting your 3D viewpoint in the settings dialog. This is found in the view menu or with command(Apple) + option + F3 in the default work environment.
Anonymous
Not applicable
this box? how do I reset the viewpoint?

-thanks
Picture 2.png
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
eastcoast413 wrote:
this box? how do I reset the viewpoint?
eastcoast413:

On the Mac (there are similar commands in Windows):

Hold down the shift key and click in the plan view of the Perspective Settings window to set the camera placement. Hold down the option key and click in the plan view of the Perspective Settings window to set the target placement. Then check the Camera Z height and Target Z height to make sure you are looking at the model, not into the heavens or down at your feet. The Z heights are measured from the Project zero, not the current story height. The settings in the Perspective Settings dialog box you posted show that the Distance from Camera to Target is 25/64", while the Camera is at 7'-7" and the Target is at 0, this is looking at your feet (if you are about 8' tall ).

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you so damn much for this tip! i kept getting lost in the 3d world!
Anonymous
Not applicable
copy and paste doesn't solve the problem; all the settings for the layouts are gone
__archiben
Booster
michaelbej wrote:
copy and paste doesn't solve the problem; all the settings for the layouts are gone
mate - i think you might be in the wrong thread . . . consider re-posting where you first thought you were, or starting a new thread and elaborating on your problem . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there!

we are having the same problem at work: the camera crops the model if it is "too near" to it.

Here is a still of the problem. It appears to come up only in openGL, and, funny thing if I save the image in a file it shows up correctly

We are wasting a lot of time because of this, if anyone has a quick solution it would be very welcome!!

Learn and get certified!