BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Frame thickness in door schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

There seems to be a bug with the parameter for frame thickness when the box 'Frame thickness = Wall thickness' is ticked in the object settings dialog. The schedule will only display the constant number 0,09 regardless of the actual wall thickness. I'm working with the basic door object using AC17.

Anyone got a workaround on this one? Perhaps there is a similar solution as the one Laszlonagy explains in this post:
archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=28379&postdays=0&postorder=desc&highlight=wall+thicknes...

Regards
Alex
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think the reason for this behavior is that the Schedule returns the value set for the Frame Thickness parameter. However, when the Frame Thickness = Wall Thickness checkbox is checked, that does not change the value entered for the Frame Thickness parameter. I only modified within the 2D and 3D Scripts what value (The value of the Wall's thickness instead of the value set for the Fame Thickness) the program is using for generating the Door Frame.
So you can try that solution I have detailed in that other thread because in that case the GDL Script will actually modify the value of the Frame Thickness parameter, which should reflect in the value returned by the Schedule.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was checking the existing parameters in the basic door object again and found out that a lot of parameters are hidden when the cross symbol is activated which means that those parameters won't show up when you look for them through the 'Add object parameter' in schedule settings.

So there is an available parameter called gs_fthk (at least in swedish version) which displays the actual frame thickness when the frame thickness = wall thickness is activated. I just needed to open the object and deactivate the cross for that parameter and it worked.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Actually, I think it would be useful if this value was displayed when the Frame Thickness = Wall Thickness checkbox is checked so you
1. have some idea of how thick the Frame will be
2. you can schedule it (without modifying the default library).

I will forward this to Graphisoft as a wish.

PS.: Be prepared to lose this change if a new Library Update comes out for the version and you install it. Or, the library update may not be able to install at all because the default library was changed. It is a good idea to make a backup copy of the default library LCF before making any changes to any of the gdl objects within it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
That might come handy for making self check comparing frame/wall thickness on schedules.

Thanks Lazlo.
Learn and get certified!