Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation elements calculation

Leo Rizaev
Participant

Does anybody know how to calculate the volume of material for demolished and new elements? For example, I have a few types of materials (brick, CMU, etc.), and I need to do a schedule of the required materials for new walls with columns: type of material, thickness, and overall volume. There is no problem to do it if all elements are walls, but there is a problem with calculating the volume in one column for different types of elements (door openings, walls, etc). I've tried to do a schedule with these criteria (Screenshot) and also attempted to do property expression for calculation volume (Screenshot 2), however, it doesn't work properly (it doesn't calculate volume for walls, doesn't merge, and shows all demolished doors and not which must be filled). Thanks in advance!

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Archicad 24 3008

Demolition Plan.png

New Plan.png

Demolished.png

New.png

Screenshot 2.png

Screenshot.png

Screenshot 1.png

2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

For the "Volume" Property Expression, you could try to define multiple expressions in multiple lines - one for the Wall, one for the Door.

Also, make sure the Property is available for both Walls and Doors.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Leo Rizaev
Participant

Thank you very much! It works, but it doesn't show the material and I'm unsure if it is even possible. I also have a question about how to calculate only wall core volume, not entire wall volume. For example, I highlighted the wall in schedule, and net volume is 1,24 meanwhile core volume is 0,92 (I need this value in schedule). Also, I need to show wall core thickness, not the whole wall thickness.

Thank you in advance!

Setup info provided by author