BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Tip: Custom Splash Screen

Josh Verran
Expert

This is just a quick tip/suggestion as opposed to a question.

I would recommend that offices include their own "Splash Screen" as the "landing page" when anyone opens a new file using the company's template. This not only reinforces your brand identity but also provides immediate access to essential and contextual information.

In our template, I utilise an Ancillary File (PLN) to generate content, such as the Splash Screen, which is then published as PMK files for efficiency and ease of updating. In the template, I have a worksheet containing a drawing linked to the PMK. This setup allows for high-quality vector outputs and immediate updates.

This worksheet is saved as a view and placed at the very top of our View Map for quick reference.
When updating the template, I ensure this view is set as active, ensuring that the splash screen is the first view users encounter

For those unfamiliar, PMK files are particularly useful in this context for their stability and ease of integration into the template workflow. I recommend reviewing and possibly updating the splash screen content periodically, especially to reflect significant template changes or updates to company information.

Including a visual representation of your brand and essential project details at the beginning of your workflow can significantly enhance the user experience and project consistency.

Below is an example of our current Splash Screen;
JoshVerran_0-1711581221568.png

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!