BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Consistency Checking Error - What?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a user get this error recently. The screen-shot below is pretty bad, but you can get the general idea of what it looked like. It was a "Consistency Checking Error" and it gave him options to continue without saving, to save with some of the contents missing, or to return to the last autosaved version.

What triggers this? He says he was just adjusting a section marker. Any info is greatly appreciated!
25 REPLIES 25
__archiben
Booster
ahh!

you must mean one of these! haven't seen it since 8.0.0 and today it reared its ugly head once again.

graphisoft?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This is because Permanent Integrity Checking is on in Preferences>Data Safety.

This is Graphisoft's explanation:

"...Activate the Permanent Integrity Checking checkbox to continuously check the integrity of the data in your Project (not just on opening and saving files). Should any of the data in your file be corrupted, ArchiCAD will immediately try to repair it and inform you of the result..."

What 'corrupted' entails, I would like to know!:-)

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm getting this problem too....anyone have any suggestions on how resolve it? Is it safe to simply turn-off the checkbox described in Link's reply below?

Thanks in advance for any help....
Aussie John
Newcomer
Im not sure if it works well anyway. A couple of time I have had problems with 3d generation with the cause tracked to a corrupt element. No warnings in this instance.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have not had this message since 6.5, never with 8.0 or 8.1 v1. I got this message twice yesterday telling me I would lose the corrupted parts. I saved anyway & have not noticed any missing elements. I'd like to believe this is not a valid message. If it happens again, I will send a report to Graphisoft.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's happen to me today. Yesterday I had a lot of crashed with this .plp file everytime I used the send and received.
How should I know which elements are corrupted? How can I fix this file?

Regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
got this message twice yesterday telling me I would lose the corrupted parts. I saved anyway & have not noticed any missing elements.
Why doesn't the consistency checker identify what it is deleting and where? It has just happened to a colleague and we have no idea what has been deleted, what storey, section or elevation, or whether they were just phantom elements that didn't really exist.

What about putting a marker at the spot of the missing element, like a missing library part?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got this today on ArchiCAD 10 - deadline coming up... can't fiddle with the problem now.

A colleague tells me she had this on a huge teamworked project a couple of years ago, and it turns out the entire .plp was corrupted.

I have never had this - but I've always worked on my own license instead of a networked office license as I'm doing now. I've also never used polylines and hardly used detail windows - all of which I'm doing in this little project which is not teamworked, unlike the colleague's.

She told me horrors of having to copy parts of a very old version of that project into a new PLP and redo all the lost work since the old version... please, no!!! I'm starting to worry as it was "1 deleted element" last week, then no more problem, and now "10 deleted elements" today! I hope this does not work exponentially...
consistency checking error.JPG
Djordje
Ace
If possible, I would merge the file into a template ... or the other way around.

Some refreshing is definitely needed!

Is it teamworked or not?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!