BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Wall label that displays composite wall name

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

We are creating a bunch of composite walls named their partition type(1, 2, 2A, etc.) And I'm trying to get my wall label to display the name of the composite wall.

I'm using a request to get the name to display in the text, but its not working yet. I'm concerned I'm missing some parameter function. Care to weigh-in?

Thanks.

My script follows:

! Find Wall type name (WTN ) from Composite wall
wall_typ_name=""
Request ('WALL_COMPS_NAME', '', wall_typ_name)
TEXT2 0, 0, wall_typ_name

I thought the text2 command would display the requested value, but it isn't doing anything.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try:
! Find Wall type name (WTN ) from Composite wall 
wall_typ_name="" 
n1 = Request ('WALL_COMPS_NAME', '', wall_typ_name) 
TEXT2 0, 0, wall_typ_name 
I didn't test it but I think it should work.
HTH.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Paulo,

Thanks, but no luck.

I get the message, "Unused function return value" and then describes wall_typ_name as an "uninitialized variable." The script stops. ( I know it stops, because there are lines and text that aren't showing up in the 2d full view with the request code. ) Strange, because I thought it would just return a "0" value, and continue.

Other suggestions?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Nathan,

Sorry. Yesterday I was just leaving the office when I answered your post...
I've checked the GDL Reference Manual this morning. 'WALL_COMPS_NAME' is not a request, but a global variable for walls... Try this on the 2d script:
TEXT2 0, 0, WALL_COMPS_NAME
This time it will work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Did the trick. As usual, making things more complicated than they need to be.

-Nathan
Learn and get certified!