BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mac; Using 'Shift' + 'Tab' for changing the tracker input

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using archicad 13 on mac and I've always had this problem, when I am using the 'Shift' key for the "snap" feature, I am unable to use the 'Tab' key scroll through the tracker inputs.

Any help would be great because this is annoying!

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
Use Shift+R then you can tab in the tracker.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think using the SHIFT for that (or anything else for that matter) is not such a good idea since it is used for several other things in AC.
Plus there are possible complications if you want to assign SHIFT+something to another command.
I would not assign SHIFT, ALT/OPT, CTRL/CMD in itself to any single command.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shingleback wrote:
I'm using archicad 13 on mac and I've always had this problem, when I am using the 'Shift' key for the "snap" feature, I am unable to use the 'Tab' key scroll through the tracker inputs.

Any help would be great because this is annoying!

Cheers
You can't get it with the tab key but...

You can also enter the Tracker by typing "n" (by default) but this doesn't work if the shift key is depressed because that key combo is not mapped.

Go to your Work Environment settings and add "Shift+N" to the "Edit value in Tracker" command. Now you can constrain with the shift key, type "N" to enter the Tracker and then tab through the fields (you can - and must - let go of the shift key once you are in numeric entry mode).

BTW: I prefer the term "constraint" rather than "snap" for the shift key function. One snaps to points, edged and grids. The shift key constrains the angle.
Learn and get certified!