BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

no cut plane display option?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to globally show all objects on a story regardless of whether they are above the cut plane or not? I don't mean just raising the cut plane as that means you can't see windows and doors but like it used to be in the old days (as far as i can remember) when you drew/placed an object on a story and it would show up regardless of how high it was off the ground.

Cheers

(using AC11)
6 REPLIES 6
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
First off, make sure your "Show on Stories" parameter for each object is set appropriately. For doors and Windows, "Floor Plan Display" should be set to "Symbolic" to display regardless of FPCP. Roofs' "Floor Plan Display" is typically set to "Outlines Only" in order to disregard the FPCP. Walls may require a number of different "recipes" depending on your intent.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks yeah - thats the problem I know they can be adjusted individually which is great but it is just now and again that i would want to switch off the 'intellegent' display cutplane to edit some objects that are out of vertical range and then switch back to normal - as it is a good solution. Basically is there an options switch where i can revert to display everything for a minute and then switch it back when im done?

The problem is sometimes that some objects don't exist on floor plans anywhere - only in 3D and section which isn't very flexible for editing!
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Each View has it's own saved FPCP, so you could create different Views for different editing needs (with different FPCPs) -- does this help?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers. However i don't like view settings!! They just seem to mess up the display turning everything black and scaling up all the text!! No matter what settings i change it to nothing seems to get my old display settings back even when i switch back to the project view! Nothing ever seems easy with archicad! Think it will be a case of adjusting those elements individually until graphisoft make some kind of quick switch.

Thanks for your help
Rob
TomWaltz
Participant
If you're having all those problems, it sounds like you don't actually know how to use the view settings properly. They work flawlessly once they are set.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i would agree that i don't know how to use them and not spent much time with them as i just use archicad for modelling these days so have not really delved too deep into such things. Perhaps it's time though!
Learn and get certified!