BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Feature request: Drag a copy to drag multiple

NateLumen
Booster

Wishing for a way to switch from dragging a copy to dragging multiple. When dragging an element, the option key (on Mac) can be pressed to drag a copy or option and command together together to drag multiple. But when dragging a copy by using command+shift+D, pressing option+command should initiate the drag multiple feature....but doesn't. Can we make this a thing? Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

You must have custom commands in your settings.

Standard "copy drag" is "cmd+D"

After executing this command, you can switch to single or multiple copies with "opt" or "opt+cmd".

Now...you can actually make any combination of keys for most of the commands...can you solve it that way?

Or just use Move - and set your array style....

AC 7-26 (current 25/26)
iMac 3.6 Ghz 10Core Intel Core i9 / 12b GB / AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB / Ventura 13.4
https://globularcreative.wixsite.com/home
Barry Kelly

What keyboard short-cut do you have set up for it.

I believe by default there is none set up.

You can set any short-cut you want in the Work Environment.

BarryKelly_0-1686619225446.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

I have never noticed this. Never use the Drag a Copy hotkey, always just use Drag then toggle between the options. It is odd that the toggles are not available when using those alternates...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
scottjm
Advisor

I suspect the reason the Cmd+Option toggle is not available after you press Cmd+Shift+D is that when you use that shortcut, you have specifically activated the Drag a Copy function, nothing else.

I feel your pain though - I do what you described all the time.  

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
revzafe
Contributor

Funnily enough this is an issue that I never thought about. I had to reopen ArchiCAD to see again how I did things myself. I think I experienced this way before earlier during my learning period, I just erased it from my experience. I think this is the main reason why I muscle-memoried into ctrl+D, ctrl ; and not ctrl+shift+D because I could not drag multiple copies after the fact.

Yes, I think this may become my learned behavior as well if the option I propose doesn't become a reality. Thanks!

Thanks Barry - I could set one up, but the instance I'm talking about is when I switch from the mind set of "I need to make a copy of this" and hit cmd+shift+D, to "oh, shoot, I have to make a bunch of copies". In this instance I have to cancel the command, and then redo it for multiple copies. It's about switching once the "drag a copy" is already in process. Thanks.

Karl Ottenstein

@NateLumen Sorry for my previous reply which this is replacing...  Yes, I see what you're saying and I think it is a bug.

If I cmd-D to drag and then press option-cmd, I get the ++ to drag/copy multiples.

If I option-cmd-D to drag a copy, nothing will make the "++" copy multiple appear.   Tapping Opt will make the "+" disappear, making it an ordinary drag.  Tapping it again adds back the "+" taking us back to drag-a-copy.  But no key combination will make the "++" appear... even though option-cmd should do so.  I mean, if I've tapped Opt to make the drag-a-copy into an ordinary drag command... then, just like as if I had issued an ordinary drag command, option-cmd should give me "++" for multiples.

If others agree this is a bug, I'll report.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Hi @Karl Ottenstein,

Yes, you've got it exactly.

Thanks.

Learn and get certified!